Friday, June 25, 2010

Iris' view








Iris here-

Today was a great day!!
The weather was hot, but nice.
We got to tool around Rome (or Roma as they call it), including seeing places like the Colosseum, and being on the 110 open double-decker bus ride, where we got a great view of the whole city!
We also watched a movie while sitting in moving seats, so it seems like your travelling with the movie. it was pretty neat, and we learned some cool facts about Ancient Roma! There was also a cool guy bouncing a soccer ball on the top of his head in the streets to collect money.(He never missed!)

The driving here is spontaneous! (Even though there are a couple street lights and stops,) It's like there is no such thing as stopping in a car. It's always "whenever you want to"! (It's ironic that we hear sirens every 5 seconds!)

And of course...the gelato!!!!!!
It's to die for!!!!
So many different flavours!!!!!
Today I had 2. (I should feel guilty, but I know that in the days to come, I will have many more than two in a day, so this should be fine!)
I had two cups with two flavours each. (I only chose cups because we promised our friends who are meeting us here that we would save up at least 14 gelato spoons for them to see!) The first time, I had Bacio (baci, kind of like hazelnut chocolate), and Pesca (peach). It was delicious!The second time, I had Limone (lemon, sour but sweet), and Fragola (raspberry).(Also delicious!)

So long, farewell,...Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment