Friday, July 16, 2010

Enoteca

Lois here- yesterday Kathy Curtis and I made a requisite tour of the enoteca otherwise wine tasting. We visited three spots-each giving us a different experience. The first spot was down this very old cellar alley way. Not sure of the age of the architecture but it was very interesting. Thank heaven the location was glorious cause the gent who was introducing us to the chianti in the region was less than enthusiastic  aka without any personality.  I made a little fool of myself when i asked where my glass was cause he made us share glasses. I mean what's that all about. I had to explain my unfamiliarity with sharing glasses. I mean I am used to better things.  i want to say he gave a damn but he didn't. We didn't purchase from the first place but Kathy did.  The second locale offered four tastes of very nice wine  with graduated flavor and escalating price. The guy did not speak more than a few words of English but was very smiley.  We purchased a bottle from this place. The third was the best mostly because the guy was informative  He is an organic wine producer. When we asked where his vineyard was located he responded with "over the next hill" literally  He was explaining how his grandfather lived till 95 while drinking a litre and a half of wine (organic wine of course) until he died and that was the explanation for his long life.  Needless to say, between the three of us, we purchased a few bottles that we drank the next night. You will read about our great final meal together on our last night at Tuscany in another blog entry  We all figured we would have something to bring either home or to the next location from the enoteca but alas it has now all been drank. I am signing off now with the lovely memories of wine tasting with friends and my man.      

No comments:

Post a Comment