Saturday, July 10, 2010

Juliet's House



Iris here-
We had a great day yesterday!
It started off by us having a wonderful croissant at breakfast, and then drove off into Verona.
When we got into the city, we got a tamarin (A strong but delicious type of fruit) granite (Like a snow cone), sat in the central park, and did some emailing.
After we were done that, we went to grab a shawarma at a little take out place, and then we took it to some steps in front of a church and sat and ate. It was delicious!
We then made our way onto Juliet's house. I had just seen the movie Letters to Juliet, so I was really excited to go see the actual thing!
Before you get to the actual lot where her house is, you go through a tunnel which is full of graffiti with a whole bunch of names on it. It was really cool! There is a small courtyard with a statue of Juliet and I posed with her and my Mom took a picture.  Dad and I then went into her house. It was a an old medieval stone house. we only got to go in one part of the house but from the view of the window, we got to see the other half and there are tons of rooms. When we were finished checking out all the rooms and paintings in the house, we got to go onto the balcony and my Mom took a picture of us from below.

On the way back to the parking garage, we stopped at her tomb.  After we bought our tickets, my Mom and I headed out into a courtyard with a wishing well and an engraving with the story of Romeo and Juliet. We went down the staircase into two small rooms joined by a door thing where it was very cool. On the other side of the wall, is Juliet's tomb, a long plain stone rectangle. We took more photos!!!! 
It was one of the highlights of my trip!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment